Friday, December 19, 2008

Hiro, Crafty Wonderland & the Crazy Snow Week.



A couple months ago I bought a really cute Amigurumi book.. 大好きなあみぐるみ (Handmade Knit Amigurumi ISBN:9784277172240) from the Portland Kinokuniya book store. It's out in Beaverton on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy inside the Uwajimaya grocery store. I absolutely love this store and could spend hours browsing through it. Anyway.. I finally finished making the first amigurumi from that book. I named him Hiro (yes as in Hiro from Hero's, lol).

Last Sunday was Crafty Wonderland's Super Colossal Holiday Sale at the convention center. 125 tables of crafty goodness. I'd been planning to go to this for months and when the day finally came so did the snow!! It rarely snows here in Portland. The mountains around us usually get all the snow.. but here on the valley snow it only happens a few times a year and then it's normally just a trace. But Sunday it snowed a lot! We had to take the train to avoid driving in it. The line to get in was still pretty short by the time we got there and we even ended up getting goody bags. I was really surprised how much really cool things were in them.. books.. hair goodies.. a sake cup.. yeah it was the bomb. Totally worth the snowy trip to get there and it wasn't as busy as I was expecting. The booths were all really cool and I bought a really cute ceramic coaster with a bunny and squirrel for my computer table.

It kept snowing and melting then freezing all week on and off! The kids didn't have school on Monday, Wednesday or Friday because of the snow and ice. And now the weatherman is forecasting more snow for tomorrow and calling it the biggest storm of the year! The nice thing about it is that tomorrow is my youngest son's 7th birthday and he is really exciting to go sledding!

No comments: