Friday, January 2, 2009

'Twas a Crafty Christmas & A Lucky New Year!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
Our family had a lovely white Christmas... thankfully the snow melted by New Years!
My husband bought me a wonderful set of James Bond movies (I LOVE 007, hehe). And I bought him the Complete V collection and a "The Killer's" t-shirt. The kids bought me a book "Amigurumi & Komono"!! I was really lucky this year!
We got the kids the usual video games and toys they asked for.. plus I made them each a crafty gift.

For my youngest son I made Totoro. Following a pattern from http://heavens-hellcat.livejournal.com/420.html. I used felt for the tummy and around the eyes instead of crocheting. I was pretty happy with the way he turned out except.. his arms look a bit to buff! Tayler absolutely loved him and now wants me to make the little white Totoro and a Soot Sprite too.

My older son Skyler has wanted a real sock monkey for a long time and this summer I was lucky enough to find "Create your own sock monkey" project at a yard sale last summer. It even had the real Rockford Red Heel socks. The pattern was pretty simple and the hardest part was just trying to cut the socks up in the proper way.

A couple weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a give away from Berrysprite. It included 2 cutie pencils, 2 bento sauce containers, a zipper pouch (that were the perfect size for my Clover crochet hooks, woot!) and one of her new Bearlets! Wowies is he a cutie! Berryspite is just now putting these Bearlets out in her shop and I highly recommend them. Great quality workmanship and they are soooooooooo freaking adorable!!

No comments: